Last Updated on 18 May 2023 by automiamo.com
Backtest and realtime execution
- Scripts execute only once on historical bars (backtest execution).
- By default, scripts only execute when the realtime bar closes (realtime execution).
- Scripts execute every time an update occurs during a realtime bar (at the open of the realtime bar and then once per update), if parameter calc_on_every_tick=true.
- I’d use calc_on_every_tick=true because it could be useful to target profit and exit automated trade with no waiting the bar close.
- With calc_on_every_tick=true, because usually I want my strategy’s entry executions at the realtime bar closes only, use barstate.isconfirmed to do that.